A couple weeks ago, one of my Family Circle magazines showed up with this amazing recipe. Since the Super Bowl is right around the corner, I thought I would give this a try to see if it were SB worthy. And boy is it!
As I was stuffing each one, either Darryl or the girls would eat one. I did learn that the gorgonzola was a strong taste for the girls, so I just stuffed theirs less.
Those of you who dislike stinky cheese could easily substitute any cheese in my opinion. Cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack….. any of those mixed with sour cream and stuffed into a potato would rock my world
These little guys were so easy to make and get a 4 out of 5 on the yummy meter
– 2 oz of gorgonzola cheese
– 4 slices of bacon ( reg, turkey or vegetarian)
- 12 small potatoes, about 2in in diameter.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp sour cream
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 2 oz of gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices of bacon ( reg, turkey or vegetarian)
- Heat oven to 400. While oven is warming,trim a small amount off one side of each potato so they lie flat.
- Toss potatoes with oil.
- Place on a baking sheet , cut-side down. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp of salt. Bake at 400 for 25-30 mins, until tender. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining ⅛ tsp of salt, sour cream, gorgonzola cheese and half of the chives.
- Prepare bacon, and finely chop.
- Slice off top of each potato and scoop out about 1 tbsp of the flesh.
- Stuff each potato with a generous tbsp of mixture.
- Sprinkle with bacon and remaining chives. Serve slightly warm or at room temp.