A couple months ago, I started getting a fun new magazine called Kiwi. The tagline for the magazine is “Real-life advice for living green, eating healthy, and raising happy, caring kids.” That sounded good to me…. so when it popped up on Slickdeals.net, I had to have it. The magazine was jammed packed with awesome recipes…. this being one of them.
This VERY easy to make, and the whole family loved it for dinner, and asked for it for lunch the next day! Thank goodness I had enough leftovers Thai Garlic & Basil Chickento feed the girls. Usually when I asked them what they want for lunch, I hear “hot dogs, sandwich, cereal!” I was so super pleased to hear Little D say “lets have chicken like we did last night… that was yummy!”
I didn’t want to leave Darryl (my vegetarian hubby) out, so I made a separate batch with his fake chicken. Both versions prepared and cooked super easy and fast. I really recommend this dish to anyone! XO – Corey
Here is what you need:
-2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
– 2 tbsp minced garlic (10-12 cloves)
– 1 large red onion, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
– 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut
into 1in pieces
– 6 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
– 1.5 cups fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Here is what you need:
- -2 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- - 2 tbsp minced garlic (10-12 cloves)
- - 1 large red onion, chopped
- - 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- - 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1in pieces
- - 6 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- - 1 tbsp brown sugar
- - 1.5 cups fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Lets get chopping! First mince your garlic, chop up your onion, basil, pepper & chicken.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion and peper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry until it starts to brown on all sides, but not cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce & sugar.
- Add the sauce to the pan. Continue to cook the chicken, uncovered, tossing it occasionally until it's cooked through, 2-3 more minutes.
- Add basil, toss well and serve.