Carrot cake does taste best in cupcake form…don’tcha think?
I just happened to have everything I need for the carrot cake, and had never made it from scratch, so that was it! Carrot cake it is!
Cupcakes have started to be a favorite of mine. They are already in serving size, cute and fun to decorate. Carrot Cupcakes it is! hehe I mashed together a couple
recipes I found to create this recipe keeper . If you want to use this recipe as a cake, just adjust the cooking times. This cake was so yummy & moist.
Best carrot cake I have had! Hope you cake lovers give it a try!
- - 4 eggs
- - ¾ cup vegetable oil
- - ½ cup of apple sauce
- - 1 cup of white sugar
- - 1 cup of brown sugar
- - 3 tsp vanilla extract
- - 2 cups of flour
- - 2 tsp of baking soda
- - 2 tsp baking powder
- - ½ tsp salt
- - 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- - ¼ tsp nutmeg
- - 3 cups of shredded carrots
- - 1 cup of chopped pecans
- Here is what you need for the frosting:
- - ½ cup of butter
- - 8 oz cream cheese
- - 4 cups of confectioner sugar
- - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs, oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in carrots.
- Stir in pecans.
- Fill cupcake tins and bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean. For a 9 x13 cake, I would cook same temp for 30-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Time to make the frosting. Beat butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar together.
- You may need to add a couple tbsp of milk or water to the mix to help the frosting come together.