A wonderful cold worked it’s way through our house not too long ago, so I had soup on the mind.
I had already made some yummy Homemade Chicken Noodle soup, and was looking for a fun twist on that comfort food.
The Food Network magazine had this beauty in it’s soup section and I knew I had found what I was looking for. Wow this soup was easy and loaded with healthy protein and veggies. Did I mention it only took about 20 minutes to make! The girls and I loved it! My poor vegetarian Darryl had to be left out of this one….. Hope you enjoy!
Here is what you need:
– 3 cups water
– 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of each of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- - 4 large eggs
- - salt and pepper
- - 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
- - ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- - ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- - 1 tbsp sesame oil
- - 2 tsp soy sauce
- - 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- - 4 cups of baby spinach
- 1.5 cups cooked rice (white, brown or wild)
- - 3 cups water
- - 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of each of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large saucepan over high heat.
- Add the eggs and cook, undisturbed, until bubbled form on the surface and the bottom is set ( about 1 minute)
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook stirring gently to break up the eggs, until the tomatoes begin to soften ( 2-3 minutes)
- Add the chicken broth, 3 cups of water, onions, sesame oil, soy sauce and 1 tsp salt. Partially cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, spinach and rice and warm through. Season with salt and pepper.