I have been making this recipe for a long time now. Every time I make it, I forget how good it is!!! Just looking at this picture is making me crave them all over again.
I have also made these with the cream cheese filling (spreading cream cheese on the prosciutto before wrapping them) but I think this lighter version tastes amazing without the extra calories.
So for special occasions, or for all you skinny folks out there that can eat whatever you want without gaining an ounce (you know who you are and I secretly hate you), the cream cheese is a nice addition.
For this recipe, we are keeping it lean and mean. This appetizer is an amazing snack, full of veggies and protein! PERFECT! I hope you love these as much as I do!
- 24 stalks of asparagus
- 4oz prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil & preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim asparagus and shave ends with potato peeler.
- Blanch aspargus in boiling water for 1-2 mins.
- Immediately remove from boiling water and soak in an ice bath for 1-2 minutes. Remove and dry off asparagus.
- Make bundles of 3 asparagus and wrap with a slice of prosciutto. Place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle bundles with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Bake at 450 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
- Serve warm