These are AMAZING for a party. You can make the cups and filling ahead of time, place each in their own zip-lock bags, refrigerate, and pull out when ready to use. Just bring to room temp, then fill with the creamy cheese. Mmmmm.
Since it was just the girls and I eating these, I had some leftovers, so I plopped them on top of a bed of mixed greens, for an unforgettable salad. (pictured at the end)
But, I really doubt you’ll have any leftovers 🙂 heheh
Here is what you need: Makes 24-30 cups
– 5-6oz of prosciutto (about 12 slices)
– 4 oz soft goat cheese
– 4 oz cream cheese (I used light…still amazing)
– 3 oz heavy whipping cream
– 1 tbsp minced parsley
– 1 tsp minced basil (I only had dried, but fresh would be better)
– Fresh chives for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375. Slice prosciutto down the middle to make 2 strips thinner strips.
2. Take prosciutto and lay each half slice inside a mini muffin tin. Over lap the sides to make a ” meat cup.” 🙂 Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
After cooled, place on paper towel to drain off any excesses grease.
* You can use right away, or refrigerate in a zip-lock till next day. Bring to room temperature before using.
|Hmmmm. It smells like bacon….I like bacon.||I don’t know about this one Mommy ?!?!
YUM! I Love it 🙂
- 5-6oz of prosciutto (about 12 slices)
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese (I used light...still amazing)
- 3 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tsp minced basil (I only had dried, but fresh would be better)
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375. Slice prosciutto down the middle to make 2 strips thinner strips.
- Take prosciutto and lay each half slice inside a mini muffin tin. Over lap the sides to make a " meat cup." 🙂 Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.
- Place whipping cream, goat cheese, cream cheese, herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until thick and creamy.
- Put cheese mixture into a pipping bag.If you don't have one, just use a large zip-lock bag and cut off a corner to pipe with.
- Pipe whipped cheese mixture into each cup and place a small chive on top for garnish.
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D