Well…..I,…uh… I mean Big D survived her first week of Kindergarten. She shines everyday I pick her up from school.
I was so excited that school is off to such a great start, that I felt like baking! As a thank you to Big D’s Kindergarten teach, I made some super soft, super yummy, school themed cookies!
Thank you Mrs. S for such an amazing first week to such an important first year for Big D.
Need a sugar cookies recipe? Here is the great one I used from Chef Beth!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 2 & ¼ cup four
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp of nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, sugar. Then add yolk, and extract. Beat until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm. Roll into ¼-1/8 in and cut shapes.
- Cook at 375 for 8-10 minutes.