One of my family’s favorite summertime dessert is my Homemade Strawberry Cobbler. For the past couple of years we have been lucky enough to have a garden blooming with bushels of berries. Nothing tastes better than a fresh strawberry….Am I right?!
The best part about my Homemade Strawberry Cobbler is that the whole family can help make it. The girls LOVE to help pick the berries and then help me bake up this sweet treat.
Now, I’m not gonna lie…this Strawberry Cobbler can leave your oven a little messy. Thatgorgeous, gooey filling always seems to bubble over.
And who wants to spend time cleaning the oven when you could be enjoying cobbler with these cuties?!
Have you heard aboutLG’s EasyClean™ Double Oven Range? You can have “A Clean Oven in Minutes, Not Hours“.Boy oh boy do I wish I had this feature whenever I make this messy dessert.
All LG double oven ranges provide a quick and convenient way to clean your oven, while still being able to use the conventional self-clean method. EasyClean™ works in three simple steps. Spray the oven interior with water, press the EasyClean button, then in just 20 minutes, wipe away any residual bits of grime. To learn more about LG EasyClean click here.
What do I love the BEST about EasyClean™? NO chemicals or high heat needed to keep your oven sparkling clean.
Now on to this YUMMY recipe!
Here is what you will need for this yummy Homemade Strawberry Cobbler
– 2 lbs strawberries, sliced
– 1/2 cup white, granularsugar
– 3/4 cup quick oats
– 1/2 cup flour
– 1/2 cup non salted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 2 tablespoons water
1. Place strawberries in a sauce pan. Sprinkle granular sugar over strawberries and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. After sitting for 10 minutes, cook strawberries over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir into strawberry mixture and bring to a boil.Boil for about 1 minute or until mixture is thickened.
4. Pour mixture into pie pan (9 to 12 inch) orsimilarsized square pan.
5. To make the topping, combine brown sugar, oats, and flour in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
6. Cut in butter and mix well. I find it easiest to use your hands for this….and it’s much more FUN!
7. Spread topping evenly over strawberry mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
We love to enjoy our Homemade Strawberry Cobbler with some ice cream!
Who wants to win your own LG EasyClean Double Range Oven?
Simply leave a comment answering the question,
“What’s YOUR favorite recipe that leaves your oven messy?
Each comment will automatically be entered to win your own LG EasyClean™ Double Oven Range!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are availablehere.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/22/13 – 7/15/13.
- - 2 lbs strawberries, sliced
- - ½ cup white, granular sugar
- - ¾ cup quick oats
- - ½ cup flour
- - ½ cup non salted butter, softened
- - ¾ cup brown sugar
- - 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- - 2 tablespoons water
- Place strawberries in a sauce pan. Sprinkle granular sugar over strawberries and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After sitting for 10 minutes, cook strawberries over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir into strawberry mixture and bring to a boil. Boil for about 1 minute or until mixture is thickened.
- Pour mixture into pie pan (9 to 12 inch) or similar sized square pan.
- To make the topping, combine brown sugar, oats, and flour in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Cut in butter and mix well. I find it easiest to use your hands for this....and it's much more FUN!
- Spread topping evenly over strawberry mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.