Make the most important meal of the day delicious!
It’s been said that over and over again, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But, as a busy parent, I understand it is easy to turn to unhealthy, empty grab-and-go food.
But hey……It’s a new year!Let’s drop the toaster pastries and dig into a breakfast loaded with veggies. With the help of a pantry stocked with garden quality Del Monte® fruits and veggies,you can deliver this gorgeous Healthy Breakfast Skillet to your breakfast table in about 15minutes!
This nutritious and delicious breakfast will keep you and your family going strong until lunchtime. Did I forget to mention how flippin’ EASY this beauty is to make?!
For more information onDel Monte® products, visit them on Facebook!
Healthy Breakfast Hash
– 1/4 cup onion, diced
– 3 Tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
– 2 (14.5 oz) cansDel Monte® Whole New Potatoes, diced
– 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced (I used red and green)
– 1 cupDel Monte® Diced Tomatoes, drained
– 1/2 cupDel Monte® Whole Kernel Corn
– 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
– 4 eggs
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large pan melt 3 tablespoon of butter (or olive oil) on a medium-high heat. . Sautéthe diced onion for about 3-5 minutes until soft, then add diced bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Next add the salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and the potatoes. Stir until well combined and cook thehash stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in corn and bacon and cook for 3 more minutes oruntil potatoes start to brown slightly.
4. Cook 3-4 eggs over easy ( if you prefer you eggs another way, any type of egg tastes great!)
5. Place on top of hash. Serve immediately.
Do you want to win a $100 Visa gift card?
Simply leave a comment answering the question…. What are your favorite fruits or vegetables to stock in your pantry?
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are availablehere.
This sweepstakes runs from1/6/2014-2/6/2014
Be sure to visit theDel Montebrand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the FamilyandSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREandenter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- - ¼ cup onion, diced
- - 3 Tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- - 2 (14.5 oz) cans Del Monte® Whole New Potatoes, diced
- - ½ cup bell pepper, diced ( I used red and green)
- - 1 cup Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- - ½ cup Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn
- - 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- - 4 eggs
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pan melt 3 tablespoon of butter (or olive oil) on a medium-high heat. Saute the diced onion for about 3-5 minutes until soft, then add diced bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and the potatoes. Stir until well combined and cook the hash stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and bacon and cook for 3 more minutes or until potatoes start to brown slightly.
- Cook 3-4 eggs over easy ( if you prefer you eggs another way, any type of egg tastes great!)
- Place on top of hash. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I have partnered with Del Monte® through BlogHer.I have been compensated for my time commitment to work with their product, however my opinions are entirely my own.