Gazpacho is always a favorite during the summer months. This recipe popped out at me while I was thumbing through my WW magazine.
The combination of tomato and watermelon was intriguing, and I just so happened to have a tupperware full of watermelon that I cut up earlier this week. Sounds like a winning combo to me! I didn’t have any fresh tomatoes on me, so I did use canned tomatoes.
The recipe did not specify, but fresh always tastes better in my mind. This cold soup was loved by all in the family. The girls are salsa lovers, so I was confident they would gobble this up…. which they did. The idea of a cold soup did blow their minds a bit.
At first, big D couldn’t get around the fact that it was a soup, and it was cold. 🙂 This Super healthy Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho is fun, fresh and full of flavor.
Here is what you need:
– 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1. Finely chop your fresh basil, set aside.
2. Dice 1 cup tomato and 1/3 of cumbers; set aside.
3. Seed & finely dice jalapeño pepper. Set aside.
4. Puree remaining tomato and cucumber with watermelon in food processor or blender.
Enjoy! This cold summer soup gets a thumbs up!
- - 1lb tomatoes, cut into chunks
- - 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- - 3cups cubed, seedless watermelon
- - 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- - juice of 1 lime
- - ½ tsp salt
- - 1 scallion thinly slice
- - ½ tsp salt
- - 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Finely chop your fresh basil, set aside.
- Dice 1 cup tomato and ⅓ of cumbers; set aside.
- Seed & finely dice jalapeño pepper. Set aside.
- Puree remaining tomato and cucumber with watermelon in food processor or blender.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Pour into large bowl. Stir in reserved diced tomato and cucumber, jalapeno, basil, lime juice and salt.
- Mix well. 4. Cover and chill until cold, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.