Is pizza night getting boring? Give this pie a try!
You could really add whatever you wanted to your pie. With that said, making this pie vegetarian was a cinch!
When I set out to make this, I decided that I would make one for Darryl and one for the girls and I to share. The girls requested pepperoni and cheese, and Darryl asked for cheese.
Lucky for me, I had just picked up some pre made pizza dough from Trader Joe’s the day before.
One was whole wheat and the other regular. Both kinds turned out amazing. I recommend the whole wheat…it being a tad more healthy for you 🙂 Hope you enjoy this Pizza Pie!
Here is what you need:
1 lb pizza dough
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
1 cup vodka sauce
2oz pepperoni, sliced
1 egg beaten
2. Add cheese, sauce and pepperoni
Here is Darryl’s vegetarian “cheese only” pie 🙂
4. Brush top with egg
5. Cut 3 slits. Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 35 minutes.
PS…. Learned today at lunch, that this reheats well!
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup vodka sauce
- 2oz pepperoni, sliced
- 1 egg beaten
- Grease 10 in pie pan. Line with half of dough.
- Add cheese, sauce and pepperoni
- Top with remaining dough, folding edges under.
- Brush top with egg and cut 3 slits. Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 35 minutes.
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D