Tofu never tasted so good!
I was recently given the opportunity to try out some amazing products from Wildwood.
Wildwood began as a small deli in San Francisco in 1978 and has grown into a premier company of natural and organic food products, focusing on producing the highest quality of meat and dairy alternatives.
You’ve also gotta check out their dips, spreads and alternative pastas. YUM!
Two of their products that caught my eye were the Veggie Burger and High Protein Super Firm Tofu.
The Veggie Burger Original is Gluten Free, Non-GMO Verified, Certified Organic and made with sprouted soybeans. TheHigh Protein Super Firm Tofu contains a whopping 14g of soy protein, is certified organic, Non-GMO verified and is also made with sprouted soybeans. I think I’m in love.
I use a lot of these kinds of products when cooking for my family, so I was excited to try out these Wildwood products.
I wanted to serve something crunchy with our Veggie Burger, but didn’t want to do the usual greasy french fries.
These beautiful and easy Tofu Vegetable Rolls are simple to make and pack a big crunch! This recipe is great to get kids involved with.
Have an adult do the cutting and cooking, then pass the chef hat to the kiddos. Both my daughters had a blast assembling these Easy Tofu Vegetable Rolls 😉
Easy Tofu Vegetable Rolls
(makes about 20-24 rolls)
1/4 cup of onions, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons soy sauce and 1 Tablespoon water, combined
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 large cucumbers
4 large carrots
10-12 oz of tofu, cut into thin slices (should make about 24 thin slices)
1. Start by cutting 24 thin rectangular slices of tofu. Season with garlic salt and set aside.
2. Slice carrots in to thin strips. I found it easiest to do this with a mandolin. Next, cut carrots into rectangles to match the size of the tofu slice.
3. Next, slice the cucumber into long strips with a mandolin.
4. Over a medium/high heat, saute, garlic and onions until onions become translucent.
5. Dip each tofu piece in water/soy sauce mixture before adding to the pan.
6. Saute until both sides of tofu are golden.
7. After tofu is done, place on a couple sheets of paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
8. To assemble the rolls, place tofu and carrots on one end of cucumber strip. Roll up and seal with a toothpick.
My family (especially my daughters) couldn’t get enough of these! And I loved cooking with this tofu. It honestly was one of the firmest tofus I have worked with.
That firm texture is key when preparing tofu in this style. I have yet to meet anyone who enjoyed soggy tofu 🙂 Ha!
Next up….Green and Black Burger!
Tons of flavor, a great texture and so easy to cook. Added bonus, my 6 and 4 year old both inhaled the burgers. Needless to say, Wildwood Veggie Burgers have been on our shopping list each week.
Green and Black Burger
1. Cook veggie burger according to package. Once done, place on hamburger bun dressed with your favorite vegan mayo.
2. Top burger with chopped green and black olives, and some fresh slices of avocado.
Instant Family Favorite! Now go check out all the goodies Wildwood has to offer and let me know….
What would be your ideal dinner recipe when using Wildwood products?
***Leave your answer in a comment below for your chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!***
Easy Tofu Vegetable Rolls with Black and Green Burger
- 1/4 cup of onions diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2 large cucumbers
- 4 large carrots
- 10-12 oz of tofu cut into thin slices (should make about 24 thin slices)
- Start by cutting 24 thin rectangular slices. Season with garlic salt and set aside.
- Slice carrots in to thin strips. I found it easiest to do this with a mandolin. Next, cut carrots into rectangles to match the size of the tofu slice.
- Next, slice the cucumber into long strips with a mandolin.
- Over a medium/high heat, saute, garlic and onions until onions become translucent.
- Dip each tofu piece in water/soy sauce mixture before adding to the pan.
- Saute until both sides of tofu are golden.
- After tofu is done, place on a couple sheets of paper towel to absorbed any extra oil.
- To assemble the rolls, place tofu and carrots on one end of cucumber strip. Roll up and seal with a tooth pick.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are availablehere.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/2013-10/31/2013.
Be sure to visit theWildwood brand pageon BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!
Disclaimer: I was compensated for this post and was given product to review. As always, all opinions and thoughts are my own.