Be a Smart Cookie and check out these
Busy Mom Life Hacks!
Once upon a time…. a LONG time ago, I was a Girl Scout. Any other Girl Scout friendsout there? Even if you’re not a former Girl Scout,I bet you all LOVE their cookies! Am I right? With Coffee-mate® Girl Scouts® creamers, you can now enjoy all the delicious cookie taste, all year long!
I seriously can’t get enough of theGirl Scouts® Caramel & Coconut &Girl Scouts® Thin Mints® flavors. It’s the perfect way to start off my busy mommy mornings 🙂
As a Girl Scout alumna, I am always trying to use my resourcefulness to come up with useful tips and tricks to solve everyday problems. Otherwise known as Life Hacks. I could spend hours onPinterest finding funlife hacks to try out. LOVE THEM! So in the theme of being a “Smart Cookie” (get it… Girl Scout Cookies… smart cookie 🙂 hehe) I thought I would share with you my 5 favorite Busy Mom Life Hacks.
1. The Popsicle Drip Catcher. I have been using this trick since the girls were little. We keep a stack of muffin cups next to the freezer, and whenever I grab a popsicle for the little ones, I stick a muffin cup on the stick. Sticky fingers and stained hands NO MORE!
2. Using an egg slicer for strawberries. I love to get little hands involved in the kitchen. It’s a great way to get kids excited abouthealthy foods. Most of us have an egg slicer in our kitchen drawer that NEVER gets used. Now you can put that kitchen gadget to use as a strawberry slicer. It makes perfect little slices for snacks, breakfast or ice cream toppers. Kids can easily slice up the fresh fruit and you don’t have to worry about the knife!
3. Magnet cups. Simply hot glue magnets to the back of some water cups. I havea couple of sets, so every morning there is a fresh cup per kid, on the fridge ready for using. This way I’m not washing cup after cup as the kids take one drink and throw the cups in the sink. They know to place their cup back on the fridge when they are done with a drink. I started using this smart life hack when my girls got a little older. It’s not the best idea to have children that are too little having access to the ice and water machine. It’s begging for a mess 🙂
4. Recycling oldCoffee-Mate® bottles as snack containers. Don’t throw away those oldCoffee-Mate® bottles when they’reempty! Rinse them out and voilà! You have theperfect snack storage containers. It’s great for little hands to shake some snacks out into a bowl and not worry about them accidentally dumping the whole bag out. I also love this idea for trail mix. The smallerCoffee-Mate® Girl Scouts® creamers you see in the front work great for storing sugar to use with your coffee 🙂
5. Turning a silverware organizer into a toothbrush storage system. I like to keep our bathroom sinks clutter free. So if you don’t have a massive bathroom vanity, this life hack is perfect for you! Silverware organizers work GREAT as toothbrush holders. There is even a place for the toothpaste and floss!
Every person in the family has a section. Yes, if you have a bigger family, you might need a larger one or more than one. But they stack nicely, so that shouldn’t be a problem. In the morning and at night, you just bring out the whole tray, and the last person can simply place the tray under the sink or in the bathroom closet.
To learn more about all the fun experiences girls and volunteers have at Girl Scouts, visitwww.girlscouts.org/join
Now here is YOUR chance to win a $100 Visa gift card! Leave a comment on this post answering the question…..
“What are your favorite life hacks?”
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 8/26-9/30.
Be sure to visit the Coffee-mate brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D