Air out, freshness in.
- Money, because you don’t have to buy more food
- Time, because you don’t have to make extra trips to the store
- Space, because vacuum-sealed bags take up less room in the fridge and freezer.
And the FoodSaver® System doesn’t just help you store food, it helps you prepare it, too. Like marinating, for instance. Say you’re making my Bloody Mary Flank Steak.
But of course, that doesn’t mean you have to make it right away. Because once it’s sealed, it keeps. So if you’re having a party, you can prepare your food ahead of time, or even cook it ahead of time, and then just seal it up. On party day, all you have to do is take it out and reheat it. Really, the more you think about it, the more possibilities the FoodSaver® System has. If you check it out on social media, you can see people doing all kinds of amazing things with their FoodSaver® Systems. Like…
- Sealing up their good silver so it doesn’t tarnish between holiday meals. (No more polishing!)
- Keeping their gear dry on a camping trip.
- My favorite…packing liquids in a suitcase, with no fear of leaks. (Want to bring Mom back some authentic New England clam chowder from your vacation? No problem!)
For lots more ideas, look on the FoodSaver® Brands social channels…or search #foodsaver on Instragram or Pinterest. Or come up with your own! What do you think? Is this thing cool or what? How will you use the FoodSaver® System in your home? Tell me in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!
Entry Instructions: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post with the hashtag #SweepstakesEntry
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post or with the hashtag #SweepstakesEntry, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry. This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska).
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 9/24/2015 – 10/31/2015 Be sure to visit FoodSaver® Brand’s page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!