Crack dip? What the heck is that?
The name sounded weird to me too when I first heard it. It turns out, crack dip is a creamy ranch dip loaded with sour cream, bacon, green onions, and cheese. I don’t know if it’s actually called that because it’s totally addictive – but it is.
The other thing that will get you hooked on crack dip is how easy it is to make. If you have some cooked bacon ready to go, you can mix up a batch in less than five minutes. Then you just give it a couple of hours to chill in the fridge, while you chill out and get ready for the party.
If you have to cook the bacon first, well, that adds a little more time. But do not, repeat not, attempt to use fake “bacon bits” instead. It honestly is NOT the same at all. Real bacon makes all the difference.
Serve this Loaded Crack Dip at your next party with either crackers or pretzels, and watch your guests keep coming back for more.
Loaded Crack Dip
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 packet of dry ranch mix
- 1 and ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cooked bacon, diced (plus extra for garnish)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and ranch mix with a hand or stand mixer. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Next, stir in cheese, onions and bacon.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with your favorite crackers or pretzels.