SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 2020
Information We Collect
Our Site collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”Personal Information”). In particular, Family Fresh Meals has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers (A real name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.)
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). (A name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, or any other methods of payment for our products, or medical information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.)
- Internet or other similar network activity ( Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. )
- Geolocation data. (Physical location or movements.)
Family Fresh Meals obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email. This includes, but may not be limited to, personal data you provide when you:
- Subscribe to our publications;
- Interact with our website such as commenting on posts, downloading recipes, subscribing to our newsletter, or acquiring e-publications;
- Interact with social media by visiting Family Fresh Meals social network accounts, commenting on, or liking posts;
- Enter a giveaway;
- Complete a survey; or
- Provide information by email or through our contact form.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical data from the following parties:
- (a) Analytics providers such as Google;
- (b) Advertising networks such as AdSense or AdThrive;
- (c) Newsletter providers such a MailChimp; and FloDesk
- (d) Push notification providers such as OneSignal
- Data from publicly available sources such as internet search engines based inside and outside the United States.
- Ecookbook platform GumRoad
- Paypal (used through GumRoad)
Use of Personal Information
We may use and/or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To register you as a new subscriber
- To manage our relationship with you which may include, but are not limited to:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- To enable you to participate in a giveaway
- To administer and protect our business and this Site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant Site content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our Site, products/services, marketing, customer relationships, and experiences
- Deliver push notifications when you subscribe to that service
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Family Fresh Meals will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Family Fresh Meals may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we require that the recipient both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- Entities owned in whole or in part by Family Fresh Meals and/or its owners.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide professional services.
- Regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstance.
- Service providers
- Other individuals, services, and partners at your request
- Contests and promotions partners
- Advertisers, ad networks and advertising partners
- Social media networks
- Entities for legal purposes
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Family Fresh Meals had not sold any categories of personal information (for both minors and non-minors). Family Fresh Meals does not sell personal information to third parties. While we do not sell your information to any third party in the traditional sense of the word ‘sell’, the definition of ‘sell’ provided in the CCPA is much more broad so we are providing notice that we may partner with third-party service providers and affiliate partners who may gain access to your personal information through the use of beacons, tracking pixels, or cookies.
California Information & Deletion Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
- Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information;
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
- Delete certain personal information we have about you; and
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide the Site to you.
Verification: We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, e-mail address, and physical address.
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
Deletion Request Right
You have the right to request that Family Fresh Meals delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us at :
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive different goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Family Fresh Meals collects and uses your information described in this Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: