- 5 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups quick cooking grits
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into tabs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I like Franks)
- 1/2 cup half and half, you can use fat free
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, pealed and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- optional 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- parmesan cheese and diced chives.
- Place chicken broth and grits into your crockpot.
- Next add in garlic powered, onion powder, shredded cheese, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and hot sauce. Mix until combined. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Once cooking is done, stir in 1/2 cup of half and half. You may add more broth at this time if you think the grits need more liquid.
- In a separate bowl, toss shrimp in melted butter, garlic, optional hot sauce and salt/pepper. Add shrimp to the top of the grits. Cover and cook for an addition 30-45 mins until shrimp are done cooking. Serve grits, topped with shrimp and top with some diced chives.