- 2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 2 15oz cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 pack of taco seasoning, or 1 ounce of my DIY Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup minced sweet onion
- Sliced pickled jalapeños
- Sour cream
- Fritos corn chips
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Brown the ground beef with the chopped onion in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease from meat if necessary, but this shouldn't be needed if you use a lean beef.
- Pour ground beef mixture into the crockpot.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, and seasonings to the crockpot. Stir until well combined. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve in a bowl with following.
- Fritos, topped with beef mix, topped with shredded cheese, onions, jalapenos and sour cream.