- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt, I used Lawry's
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 TB dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 large bay leaves
- 2 cups dry elbow noodles
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Note: If you do not have a large deep skillet, you can use a large pot or dutch oven.
- Season beef with seasoned salt. Saute ground beef and onions in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain.
- Add garlic, broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oregano, and bay leaves Stir well. Cover and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well cover with lid and simmer for about 12-18 minutes more, or until noodles are tender.
- Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add shredded cheddar cheese. TIP. Place lid back on until cheese is melted.