- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 .88 oz packet brown gravy mix - some packets range to 1 oz, and that's still ok to use
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 small onion diced ( about 1/3 cup)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon water (you can also use 2TB of flour with 1/4 cup water)
- Egg noodles or mashed potatoes prepared.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, gravy mix, beef broth, onion and garlic. Whisk together. It's ok if it's a little lumpy, while it's cooking in the slow cooker, the lumps will mix in.
- Place your stew meat into a 4 quart crockpot. Pour gravy mixture over beef and gently stir to combine. Cook covered on LOW for 7 hours. Once done cooking, remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside. Stir in cornstarch/water mixture (this will thicken up the gravy.) Replace beef back into crockpot and continue cooking for 5 more minutes while gravy thickens.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.