- 1 LB mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 package 12 oz refrigerated fresh cheese tortellini
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In 5-quart Dutch oven or large pot, cook sausage, onion, carrots and garlic over medium heat, for about 8 minutes, stirring, until sausage is thoroughly cooked. Drain off any access fat.
- Stir in broth and heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Next, add in your tortellini. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until spinach is wilted. Serve!