- 1 medium bread bowl round loaf of rustic bread
- 1 12oz wheel of brie
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 springs fresh thyme leaves
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional topping: 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Slice the top quarter off of the top of the bread off.
- TIP: Use the brie wheel to measure the size of the hole, tracing with a knife.
- Scoop out the bread. Cut slices around the edge of the bread about an inch apart, only cutting partially through to keep the bread in tact, creating pull apart "bread tabs."
- Brush the inside of the bread with melted butter.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half of the fresh thyme.
- Remove the top rind from the wheel of brie. Place the brie wheel in the hollowed out center of the bread. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the brie. Top with remaining thyme.
- Replace the top of the bread and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Once cooking is done, sprinkle with optional hazelnuts or walnuts.