- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 16 slices pre-cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallots
- 6 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Quickly blanch green beans in boiling water.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in medium saucepan on medium-low. Simmer sauce for about 2-3 minutes, until sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low and whisk in butter until melted and combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place 6-8 beans into the middle of 1 bacon slice. Wrap bacon around the center and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining beans. Coat top of beans with cooking spray and season with salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake 4–5 minutes or until bacon is crisped.
- Remove from oven and brush bundles with beans with one-half of the soy mixture. Continue to bake for 3 more minutes. Remove beans from oven and brush remaining glaze.