- 2 large sweet potatoes
- A couple dozen classic sized marshmallows
- 1 cup of graham crackers broken into bits
- 1-2 teaspoons of butter or avocado oil many avocado oils have an even lighter flavor than extra virgin olive oil.
- ¼ of a cup of brown sugar
- Optional: dash of quality salt
- Wash the outsides of the sweet potato and then pat dry. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into long flat pieces, you’ll want to aim for them to be all about the same thickness to help them cook evenly in the oven. We tend to like them about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Place them on a baking sheet, we lined ours with parchment paper for easy cleanup, with just a little space in between. Cook for about 15 minutes on each side, or until they are fork tender-but not starting to be mushy or fall apart.
- Remove from the oven and carefully sprinkle with the graham cracker bits.
- Then place marshmallows across the tops of each piece of sweet potato toast.
- Turn the oven to broil and lower the rack down a couple places from the very top. Watch the marshmallows carefully to ensure they do not burn and rotate your tray as needed for even browning. Allow the pieces of sweet potato toast to cool for a few minutes before dusting with the brown sugar and serving.
NOTE: The amounts listed below are flexible based on how many and the size of the pieces of toast you would like to make, adjust as needed.