- 1 lb dry split peas
- 2 cups of diced turkey bacon or 2 cups of any ham product you have on hand
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 32 oz of chicken broth here's my homemade version
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients into a 6 quart crockpot. Cover and and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. We love to serve our Crockpot Split Pea Soup with grilled cheese sammies or some warm chunks of bread!