- 5 oz jasmine rice
- 12 oz chicken tenders
- 1 lime
- 4.75 oz edamame
- 1 oz sliced scallions
- .4 oz cilantro
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- .35 oz minced ginger
- .3 oz minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- .3 oz sriracha
- In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring 1 and 1/4 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a boil. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Stir in rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Zest lime. Cut lime in half. Chop cilantro (reserve a pinch for garnish). Now let's make the sauce! While rice is cooking, start the sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, honey srirach, juice from half the lime, a quarter of the zest, a quarter of the cilantro, 2 teaspoons canola oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. (Reserve 2 teaspoons of mixture)
- Coat chicken: Add the chicken to the bowl with the sauce. Turning to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Cook Chicken: Heat a lightly oiled grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Finish Rice: Fluff rice with a fork and fold in edamame, zest, scallions, cilantro and juice from remaining lime half. Salt and pepper taste.
- To serve, serve chicken over rice and drizzle with reserved sauce. Garnish with reserved cilantro.