- 13 ounce pizza dough defrosted
- 3/4 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of mini pepperoni or as desired
- Egg Wash:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Optional: 2 TB melted butter and minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a floured surface roll pizza dough into a 15x9 inch (give or take) rectangle. Cut off the edges to make sure it's straight.
- Spread pizza sauce over the pizza dough, sprinkle with cheese and top with pepperoni.
- With a pizza cutter, lengthwise cut into six even strips, make two separate stacks of three strips. Take the pizza cutter and cut each strap width wise into three equal squares. Take a well greased 8x4 inch loaf pan, turn it vertically and stack the squares into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg wash ingredients and brush it over the bread in loaf pan.
- Bake for 33-40 minutes or until bread is golden brown (not burnt) and cooked throughly. Remove from heat, allow bread to cool, and top with minced parsley if desired.
- NOTE: if doing OPTIONAL BUTTER TOPPING : Remove bread from oven about 5 minutes before the end of cooking time, and brush top of bread with melted butter. Return to oven for the remaining cooking time.