- 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix & required ingredients
- 1 Carrot shredded
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1.5 sticks of softened butter
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Easter Egg Chocolate candies.
- Prepare the carrot cake recipe as instructed (adding in shredded carrots and raisins). Allow to cool when finished then cut into cubes.
- For the whipped mixture: Using an electric mixer on medium/high speed cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Next, slowly add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until. Pour in vanilla and mix for an additional 2 minutes until mixture becomes fluffy again. Fold in cool whip by hand.
- In a trifle bowl or deep glass bowl, place in one layer of carrot cake.
- Then add a layer of whipped mixture.
- Repeat ending with the whipped cream cheese on top. Add Easter candies on top and refrigerate until it's time to serve.