- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups dice large bell bell peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup RiceSelect Texmati® White Rice uncooked
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheddar blend
- Over a medium-high heat brown ground beef with onions and garlic, cook for about 5–7 minutes, breaking into small pieces as the beef browns.
- Add peppers and salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 more minutes, until peppers have started to soften. (NOTE: if you didn't use extra lean beef, you will need to drain off some of the fat at this point)
- Reduce heat to medium and add in tomatoes with juice, broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Now add in your uncooked rice. Return to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese.