- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in half (to make thin cuts of meat)
- ½ cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 24 oz jarred marinara sauce
- extra Parmesan Cheese for topping
- Spread the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place egg in a bowl, and beat with a fork. Set Aside. Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top or chicken. Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
- Close lid and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.