- 1 4lb all natural roaster chicken
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2-3 pieces of sage
- 4-6 sprigs of thyme
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil divided
- sea salt and pepper
- optional: 1-2 lemons cut in half and placed inside the chicken
- 1. In the bottom of an oven safe dish, we used a cast iron skillet for even heating, add 2 Tablespoons of oil, garlic, sage and thyme. If you are filling the cavity with lemons, do so now.(make sure to remove any in giblets before doing so.) Tie the bird's legs together. Drizzle with the rest of the oil and sprinkle on the sea salt and pepper. Place in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Next, tent with tin foil and reduce heat to 375 degrees and cook until internal temp hits 160 to 165 degrees and all juices run clear. Plan for about 20 minutes per pound-but keep a close eye on yours to make sure it does not overcook.
- 3. Allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it. We enjoyed this with steamed potatoes and broccoli.