- 4 cans 5 oz albacore tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons capers chopped
- juice from 1/2 lemon about 1 TB
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 slices of large thick crusty bread
- 8 thin slices of tomato
- 8 slices provolone
- Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill, garlic powder and mix until well combined.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet and spread 1/2 Tablespoon on each slice. Divide tuna salad evenly among slices, then top each with 2 slices tomato and 2 slice cheese, overlapping. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes.