Ingredients for the Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mild or medium salsa verde depending on how hot you want it
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
Ingredients for the Enchiladas
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken breasts chopped or shredded
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 avocados peeled and chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium sauce pan, saute garlic in butter over medium-high heat for about 1 minute. Stir in flour and continue to stir while cooking for 2 more minutes.
- Next stir in the chicken/veggie broth, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, salsa verde and cilantro.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Add about 1/2 cup sauce to the bottom of the pan. and spread out until bottom of the baking dish is evenly coated
- Lay out a tortilla and add chicken, shredded cheese, and avocado to the end of the tortilla and roll.
- Place each tortillas, seam-side down in the dish. Repeat until all tortillas and filling are used up.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas. Cover with leftover cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.