- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion diced
- 4 oz can green chilies optional
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese divided
- 28 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 8 soft taco size tortillas you can use corn or wheat depending on preference
- Cilantro chopped
- Preheat to 350 and spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet cook ground beef, onion and chilies until the ground beef is no longer pink. Drain if needed.
- Pour ½ cup of enchilada sauce evenly in the bottom of you baking dish
- Fill tortilla with beef mixture and top with cheese (you will use approximately ⅓ cup beef mixture and ¼ cup cheese in each)
- Reserve 1 cup of cheese.
- Roll meat and cheese up in tortilla and place it seam side down in your baking dish.
- Repeat with 7 remaining tortillas
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas
- Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese
- Bake 20 minutes, until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted
- Top with fresh topped cilantro