- 3 pound chuck roast
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1- ounce packet of dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1- ounce packet of dry au jus gravy mix
- 1 Stick of unsalted butter
- 6-8 peperoncini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season roast with salt and pepper. (go lighter on the salt, since there is a lot of salt in the dry seasoning packets)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over a high heat. Quickly brown all sides of the roast (about 1-2 mins per side)
- Place roast in your crockpot. Sprinkle the dry ranch seasoning mix on top of the roast, then sprinkle the dry au jus mix on top of that. Top with a stick of butter (do not slice butteand place peppers around the side of the roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred and serve with mashed potatoes