- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix and ingredients listed on back of box
- 2 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping , divided
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Let cool slightly (about 10 minutethen using end of wooden spoon poke holes all around cake. Pour 1 entire jar of caramel sauce over the top of cake and spread into holes with an off-set spatula. Let cool completely.
- Place your chocolate frosting in a bowl and whip for a few minutes (*tips and tricks, did you know that whipping canned frosting almost doubles the amount of frosting you geuntil light and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans then drizzle with more caramel topping (I used a piping bag for this, makes the drizzle more even.)