- 1 can prepared pizza dough - such as Pillsbury dough in a tube
- 1 lb. deli corned beef, sliced
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/4 of a cup 1000 island dressing plus extra for dipping (about an additional 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Roll out the dough and with your hands, shape it into a long rectangle. Spread the 1/4 cup of 1000 island dressing onto the dough.
- Lay corned beef down the center of the dough.
- Next layer on your sauerkraut.
- And finally top with slices of cheese.
- With a knife, make cuts on either side of the dough, approximately ½ inch apart from each other. Starting from the top, take one strip and cross it over to the other side on a diagonal, and then cross the opposite strip of dough over the first one, also in a diagonal. Continue this patter until you reach the bottom. Carefully transfer to a baking sheet. Brush top with melted butter and bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes and then slice. Use the 1/2 cup of dressing as a dipping sauce.