For The Crust
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
For The Filling
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, oftened
- 1 8oz tub of whipped cream topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract, this can be substituted for vanilla extract
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar and mix until well combined. Stir in melted butter. Press graham cracker mixture into the bottom of 9x13 glass dish. Chill crust in the freezer or refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and almond extract. Beat for 1-2 mins until mixture is creamy and lump free. Next mix in whipped cream topping. Again, mix until creamy and lump free.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Pour the cherry pie filling over the whipped cream layer and spread evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to chill overnight in refrigerator.