- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package oz taco seasoning mix (or 2 TB of my DIY Taco Seasoning)
- 1/3 cup water
- 5-6 8 in flour tortillas
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided. (or more if you like it extra cheesy!)
- 1 can, 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves sour cream, and salsa
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook beef, garlic and onions until browned. Drain off accesses grease, and return beef mixture to skillet.
- Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Mix until well combined. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Clean out skillet and spray with cooking spray. Divide refried beans, rice and beef mixture among the centers of tortillas. Evenly top with cheese, (about 2 Tablespoons each.)
- Roll up into burritos, and place seam side down in skillet. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with enchilada sauce over the burritos.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings.