- 4 large green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4 oz package mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice bell peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. ( You should have 8 halves) Rub the inside of each pepper with 1/4 TB of oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Over a medium heat melt butter. Saute onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 5-7 minutes. During the last minute, stir in garlic. lice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Divide meat mixture between peppers and then top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melted and bubbly.