Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prick potatoes with a fork and bake for 50-60 mins or until tender.
- One done baking, scoop out the insides and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 3 Tb butter, vanilla extract, half and half, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and salt to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to the prepared 2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and pecans. Stir until well combined.
- Top potatoes with topping and bake for 20 mins, uncovered.
- Remove from the oven and top with mini marshmallows. Place back in the oven for and addition 3-5 minutes or until marshmallow begin to become golden and melt.