- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cans 15 ounces each tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 container 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella cut into 8-10 thin slices
- Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, basil parsley, garlic and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the cottage cheese and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Prepare crockpot with cooking spray. Spoon one-fourth of the beef mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and 4-5 slices of fresh mozzarella Then top with another one-fourth of the beef mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture, 4-5 slices of fresh mozzarella and one-fourth of the beef mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Turn off crockpot. Cover and let stand about 15-20 minutes to help it set. Cut into pieces.