- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Cream cheese filling
- 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9X5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- For the bread: Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and the pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture a little at a time.
- To make the cream cheese middle filling, place cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and the vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of this layer and spread evenly, then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for 50 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. After 35 minutes of cooking, "tent" a piece of foil over the top of the pan, securing the foil to the edge of the pan, but allowing for room for the bread to rise. Check the bread during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Remove foil you would like a more "crusty" bread top. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing, then place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.