- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Egg White
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Pecans or almonds, cashews or walnuts
- ¼ cup Water
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate, bowl whisk together egg white and vanilla until it becomes a little frothy.
- Place pecans into a slow cooker prepared with cooking spray. ( I used a 4.5 qt crockpot for this single batch). Pour egg white mixture over pecans and stir until nuts are evenly coated.
- Next sprinkle cinnamon sugar over pecans, and stir until nuts are all coated well with sugar. Cook covered on LOW for 3 hours, stirring every 2o minutes. When 20 minutes are left, pour 1/4 cup of water into the crockpot and stir. This will make a the outer shell nice and crunchy.
- When cooking time is up, spread nuts out on a cookie sheet to cool for 15/20 minutes.