- 6-8 fully cooked croissants quartered
- 1 cup fresh raspberries half of it chopped, half whole berries
- 1 block cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cut your croissants into 6 or 8 pieces each, then arrange on a baking sheet and cook for 7 minutes at 325 degrees so they crisp up. Remove from oven and set aside. NOTE: you could also use stale croissants without having to heat them.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar using an electric or stand mixer until smooth, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, heavy cream, milk, and vanilla until thick and smooth.
- Prepare a 7x10 or 8x11 dish with non stick spray. Place half of your croissant pieces in a single layer, making sure they are snug together.
- Drop on dollops of your cream cheese mixture all over, spread to cover bread and top with a layer of raspberries (chopped and whole).
- Top with remaining croissant pieces in a tightly-fitting layer. Evenly pour the egg mixture all over your dish, so that it comes just even with the top. If the tops of your croissants aren’t covered, save a little egg mixture and brush all over generously.
- Press everything down tightly so that it is nice and compact. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until your croissants are a rich golden brown. Remove from oven and cover with foil. Continue to cook for a final 10 minutes to ensure the middle heated thoroughly.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Cut into servings and add a few extra raspberries to the top before serving.