- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup shredded firm cheese cheddar, parmesan, pepper jack or gouda
- Salt & pepper
- Coating topping of your choice chopped pistachios, chives, tarragon, hulled pumpkin seeds, bacon and paprika, almonds, sesame seeds, walnuts, etc..
- Mix together cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in lemon zest and mix in your shredded cheese of choice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until you have a creamy texture. You can use a hand or stand mixer.
- With moistened hands, form into 1 inch balls and chill for about 3-4 hours.
- After balls have chilled, roll in toppings. May then be kept in refrigerator until guests arrive. Have fun with a variety of toppings and cheese! Serve with crackers and pretzels :)
Makes about 20 mini balls