- 15 oz. Niblet corn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 Cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 Cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot, melt butter and sauté onions until soft. Add the flour and cook for approx. 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and the cream, in ½ cup increments, whisking constantly. The sauce will thicken.
- In a bowl with the whisked eggs, add the salt and pepper. Take approximately ½ cup of the milk liquid and add it to the eggs, blending it completely, to temper the eggs.
- Add the eggs to the back to the milk mixture in the pot, stirring constantly until it thickens.
- Add the corn, thyme, and the cheese and combine well. Pour the contents into a 2 quart greased baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of the pudding. Bake for approximately 50 - 55 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.