- 1 pound of fresh salmon divided into 4 filets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons of honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups of mixed baby greens 2 cups per salad
- 1 cup of your favorite mixed seeds dried fruit and nuts. (1/4 cup per salad)
- dressing of your choice
- Thoroughly wash your greens and spin them dry or allow to air dry for a bit and then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick pan to medium heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Place the fish in the pan, skin side down. Cook about 3 minutes or until the skin no longer sticks to the pan then flip. (Note: I like to remove the skin after flipping.)
- Add the honey to the pan, it should melt instantly and start to bubble. Coat the fish completely in the honey and cook through, about another 3-5 minutes depending on how thick the fish is. Be sure to keep a close eye on the temperature so the honey does not get too hot and start to burn.
- Remove the fish from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before placing on the salad so the greens to not wilt. When ready, place the fish on the salad, top with the seed and nut mixture and drizzle a dressing of your choice.