- 1 stick unsalted butter - melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz cream cheese – softened
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 1-cup flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the 3/4 cup sugar, butter, milk, vanilla, egg + egg yolk, until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mash up the bananas and then fold them into the wet mixture. Pour the dry mixture into the large bowl and mix everything until combined.
- In a small bowl, cream together the egg, cream cheese, sugar and flour.
- Pour half the bread batter into your prepared pan. Then, spoon the filling mixture over the bread and spread around evenly. Pour the remaining bread batter on top. Sprinkle with the walnut topping and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve!