- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sweet Marsala wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 servings of cooked fettuccine noodles
- Prepare a 4-quart crockpot with cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Heat up a skillet of a medium high head. Add in butter, garlic, thyme, mushrooms and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until soft and lightly browned.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken thighs. Pour broth or wine over chicken and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 5 hours.
- Once cooking time is up, remove chicken thighs from cooker and se on a plate. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and cream until well blended. Stir into liquid in crockpot. Cover; cook on High heat setting 10 to 15 minutes or until you have a creamy, thickened sauce.
- Serve chicken over pasta and spoon over sauce.